Monday, April 03, 2006

Ask Girl Geek: Marketing Self-Published Material

Dear Girl Geek,
How does one get self published material seen? Web marketing is a mystery to me.
Tom

Hi Tom,

I'd be glad to answer your question! I'll need alittle more information first. When you say "self published" are you saying you have the book in a paper format or is it an ebook (electronic book)? What have you tried so far?

Either way the best way to get it seen is to identify who your prospective readers are first. Then develop a marketing plan directed at them. This is true for the web or any form of marketing. I'd start with getting the book or ebook on Amazon.com or ebay.com. If you have a website, I'd set up a PPC (pay per click) advertising program on either Google or Yahoo.

This is just a sample of the many ideas I do as part of my consultation services.
Let me know if you want to know more about my services or if you need a website.

Thanks for asking!
Annette Vaillancourt
Girl Geek Web Designs: Custom Web Design and SEO for Small Businesses on a Budget
Call for a Free initial consultation
1-877-866-4335

No comments: