Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Ask Girl Geek: How do you work with your clients?

Hi,
I would like to know how you work with your clients and perhaps some examples of websites you've done.
Debora

Hi Debora,

How I work with my clients consists of approximately a one hour FREE consult to determine your needs, after which I send you a no obligation bid which is good for 30 days. The price is quote you is the price you pay for the web design. There's no cost overruns. See http://www.girlgeekwebdesigns.com/Newsletter13.htm for the 10 questions you need to answer before hiring a web designer. I may ask you to send me links to other sites you like and tell me what you like about them, so I can incorporate those ideas into your site.

Then when we sign a contract I require a deposit of half of the bid up front to start working on your site. I start by designing the look, layout, and navigation of your site. I post that to the web on my server so you can look at it and give me feedback to get it just the way you want it. Your job is to provide me with the text for the site and any images, such as personal photos, logos or original artwork you want on the site. I will provide editorial feedback about your text as writing for the web is different than writing for print. In fact, check out my newsletter at http://www.girlgeekwebdesigns.com/Web_Design_Newsletter14.htm for "Writing Well for the Web." We may touch base on the phone a few times to clarification or questions or to set up things like ezines and hosting and PayPal, if you want that on your site.

Then we'll do site testing to make sure it all looks and works the way it's supposed to. When that's done, you make your final payment. I'll have you purchase hosting and I'll upload your site to the hosting company's server after that. Voila! You're online. Then you get 3 months of FREE minor corrections following the publication of your site.

You can see all my completed sites and some that are in progress by going to my website a clicking on portfolio. I also encourage you to read the testimonials there.

Thanks for asking!
Annette

No comments: